Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Favorites

So, I've been going back through some of the pictures taken earlier in the year. Finding myself pleasantly surprised by how good some of them are (pats self on back), especially given that I was learning a brand new camera.

In Vancouver, there is a steamclock. For all I know, the only one of its kind. It does the "Westminster Chimes" (you've heard this if you've ever heard a grandfather clock chime the hour and quarter hour), but instead of bell tones, it uses a steam whistle, like an old fashioned coal-fired locomotive. At night, it's a pretty cool sight:


I also ran across a few of my "potty humor" shots.

Somebody (same somebody?) in both Vancouver and San Francisco had a similar sense of things regarding their graffiti vibe:


The image below was taken right at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. There was a bunch of construction going on, and these big signs were used for "educational" purposes, as well as to keep the unwashed masses out of the waterfront construction sites. You may have to click on this image to get a bigger one in order to read it properly:


No, it wasn't me, don't even think it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home