Saturday, January 22, 2005

Hit by a bus...

Wednesday night Karen and I ate at a restaurant called "The Boathouse", which overlooks the English Bay. We split an order of their fish and chips. My comment to Karen was: if I walk out of here tonight and get hit by a bus I can die a happy man.

Best. Fish. And. Chips. Ever.

Wow.

Something about rainy weather makes you crave English food. Funny how that works, huh?

So, as we were walking down Denman Street after getting lost in Stanley Park (which is awesome, and yes I have pics, and yes I will post them...but not tonight...) [edit: new pics posted below! 1/22/05] on our way to said fish and chips dinner, we passed AT LEAST a dozen restaurants that I want to try. I guess that seals it. We HAVE to move here now.

Stanley park pics (resembles the forest moon of Endor for a very good reason...they shot Return of the Jedi in a similar kind of forest in N. Cal):




And now the fun part. The restaurant at which we experienced this transcendant English cuisine? Recommended to us by an Air Canada pilot on a shuttle bus from plane to plane in Toronto Airport. (Frickin' 4 degrees F in Toronto...blech...) Way to go Air Canada, eh? Heh. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home