Monday, October 03, 2005

Tufted Titmouse

Here is one of my favorite photo series I've ever taken. (I think that's rotten grammar, but I can't figure out the right way to say it at the moment. Hopefully you get the "picture", so to speak.)

This "triptych" takes place at Kensington Metropark in Milford Michigan.





These pictures are separated by a matter of milliseconds. I think that probably all three photos can be fit into 1.5 seconds total. Karen later said that she could barely feel the little Tufted Titmouse, he was so light. She felt his little "talons" gripping one of her fingers...but almost as if there was no weight, just the feeling of his grip. Wow.

Oh, yeah, one other thing: there is birdseed in Karen's cupped hands. You probably figured that out, but just wanted to make sure you understood that birds don't just alight on Karen because she's some kind of latter day Snow White or something. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home