Thursday, July 20, 2006

TPHB's Special Guest

Imagine my surprise at hearing Tom Petty tell a story about the "little sister" they found hanging out at their shows in the early days of the Heartbreakers back in the 70s...the days of the heyday of Fleetwood Mac...the insanity in record sales that was "Rumours"...

And then to hear him say, "please welcome Stevie Nicks!"



And further imagine my surprise at my own reaction...I was really excited! (Truly...I can't believe I'm writing this...) Now let me clarify...I have never been much of a Stevie Nicks fan...and only peripherally a Fleetwood Mac fan.

Here she is as she approaches the mic for the first time that night:


I'm telling myself that my reaction was due to Tom's skillful setup of her introduction with that cute story.


My skepticism notwithstanding, I found myself really looking forward to hearing her sing the songs they did together (Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, et al.)


Bah. Maybe I'm a closet Stevie Nicks fan. (Huh?!)



Well anyways. It was a great show. A good time was had by all, including me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home