Monday, November 14, 2005

Fall in Ann Arbor Part Three + Sad News

Few more Ann Arbor Fall pictures -


Squirrel!


This one is dark, but look carefully, I think you'll find it interesting...both theatres in view at Liberty and State, and a Stop sign too. Such a deal.


It's been a weird day. My grandma West (that's my stepdad's mom) passed away yesterday morning. It was a long, slow, unpleasant way to die, I'm sad to report. The only comfort I feel I can take in it is that the doctors were able to keep her comfortable for the three weeks (three weeks!!) that she was without food and water at the very end. I'm glad she's finally free of the tough times that were her last couple years of life - she did nothing to deserve the troubles she suffered through.

Strange, it seems that it doesn't really matter how long you know it's coming...doesn't seem to change the way it feels when it finally arrives. I'm kinda in a fog...which I hope to come out of sooner rather than later, but I know better than to put a timer on these things.

Her name was Grace. She was a good and kind grandmother to me. If you have a moment to spend, send some thoughts & prayers out to our family.

Thanks for listening.

1 Comments:

Blogger JMB said...

Judging from your tender words, it seems that the name "Grace" really fit her well. So sorry for your loss; we will pray for you and yours. ~Jeanette

11/14/2005 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home