Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Good Noise, Ragbirds, and News of the World

I'm back. I've been busy.

Like, crazy-ass busy. Back in December, I started hanging out with Dan Worley at his very cool recording studio, Good Noise. We bonded right away on our love for Wilco, Son Volt, good bourbon and hand rolled cigarettes. ( ! ) So, after hanging out during some of his sessions, I started learning my way around the studio...and now I work there! Funny how that happens.

This is Dan on the night of our live recording gig at TC's Speakeasy a few weeks ago:



Interesting connection: when I was running my own studio, my last client was Erin Zindle of the Ragbirds. At that time, the band had not yet come into existence, but she was intent on recording the songs that had been bubbling to the surface for her. And what a great bunch of songs they are, too. You can hear some samples here. The first and ninth tracks on the final Ragbirds record (Yes, Nearby) were done in my studio. Primarily because of my corporate gig I was not as available as Erin needed me to be...so they ended up connecting with Dan and finishing the record at Good Noise.

Here's a photo of the bar and a bunch of the "regulars" at TCs on the night of the Ragbirds live recording:

A country/folk band called The Hummingbirds opened the show. They were a pleasure to work with, and a pleasure to watch.


Here's Erin singing the Ragbirds' anthem "Believe It":


Adam (foreground), Erin and Randy (on the drum kit):


Oh! Did I mention that I'm a member of the Ragbirds now? They just hired me to run sound for them...

Did I mention that there have been developments?

Whew.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home