Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Is There A Rock Star in the House??

Taking a break from our regularly scheduled Bonnaroo programming, I wanted to take a post here and let you in on a little secret.

Survivor (yes, *that* Survivor) is alive and well, rocking out festival crowds all over the country this summer. Because I am a lucky bastard and was in the right place at the right time, I got to relive some of my middle school fandom for a few hours a couple of Friday nights ago.


Here's the scoop: I do some freelance work for a webdesign company called Artsite Design. One of their clients is Survivor. Because I take kick ass rockstar photographs, and they needed new content for the website's redesign, I got tapped to toddle off to Sterlingfest in the Detroit suburbs.


Press pass in hand (well ok, not really in hand...it was a "virtual" press pass) I was able to get backstage, watch the meet and greet with the local bigwigs and snap some great photos.

Oh, and did I mention that these guys still rock?

It was remarkable that I still knew all the words to so many of their songs.

As with all scenes where artists of any stripe are involved, there has been some drama in the history of Survivor. They now have a new singer, Robin McAuley. He's a fantastic frontman.

Frankie Sullivan is the founding guitarist and driving force behind Survivor these days. Here is a shot of him and Robin rocking Sterlingfest:


A few more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home